Asset Management Director - International (Water)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Atkins Infrastructure Business is looking to appoint an Asset Management Director to focus on the international water market. You will lead our effort working collaboratively with our regional teams to develop our existing relationships and develop new ones to yield significant and sustainable benefits to both clients and Atkins. Your focus initially will be to assist in the effective delivery of a range of projects in the Middle East, and then to secure further commissions in the Middle East region and wider.
- Do you enjoy developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value the client’s agenda?
- Do you thrive in new environments and enjoy adapting your approach and communication style to suit different cultures?
- Do you love talking all things asset management, from the strategic, to the tactical including introducing innovative and digital solutions?
- Are you commercially astute, and comfortable negotiating contracts to balance client’s expectations with a need to manage our own risks and profitability?
- Do you enjoy creating effective networks of clients and internal contacts?
This is an exciting time in the Infrastructure Asset Management practice as we are going through a significant step change in growth. This step change is driven by demand from clients and their challenges in asset management, and the game changer of the digital agenda. The fact that one of Atkins’ growth themes is Asset Management demonstrates the business’s support of this growth aspiration. As part of this step change we are looking for an experienced asset management consultant with a proven track record in developing client relationships and delivering key asset management projects, who is excellent at leading and developing teams.
Atkins Infrastructure asset management key markets are Water and Aviation both in the UK and internationally, and we are growing our markets in Defence and Energy, and Cities and Development.
Our services include:
- Due diligence, and transaction advice to international clients for private sector participation in water and energy utilities;
- Supporting contractors to secure and optimise concession contracts;
- Strategic Asset Management advice including gap analysis and improvement plans against ISO55001/ business process engineering, business plan development
- Asset Investment Planning, both long term, including development of risk-based decision-making tools and methodologies, and prioritisation; and short term, turning Business Plans into reality and delivering outcomes;
- Asset Optimisation: operating your assets in a way that yields the greatest value for the business, aligning performance requirements, criticality and condition with interventions to create reliable performance in keeping with business expectations.
- Data Optimisation: interpreting & presenting client and asset data to inform asset management decisions across the lifecycle
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining an expanding team. Your priorities will be to:
- Bring your client understanding and engagement skills to seek out, develop and land asset management opportunities, either directly from your existing client contacts or in collaboration with your Atkins Client Director colleagues in the Market and regional teams
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams in delivering the work you will be winning
- Delighting your clients with projects delivered in scope on time and in budget on a range of assignments
What you’ll need to be/have
- An experienced asset management consultant, who is already established in the industry and well known to the market.
- Interested in both leading and delivering work
- Capable of selling both internally and externally
- Experienced and comfortable in growing a team and pipelines of work from scratch
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with customers, identifying and developing opportunities and managing these through to new work
- Experience in a number of the following: management or concession contracts, Enterprise Asset Management Systems, Asset Investment Planning including deterioration and risk and reliability modelling.
Candidates for this role must be open to UK and international travel and periods away from their home office. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Willingness to work in professional collaborative environment with respect at the heart of everything we do.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity and problem solving
- A supportive and encouraging approach to identifying and nurturing talent.
- Proven track record in applying asset management principles to improve business performance and addressing client challenges.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience
- Asset Management Qualifications, preferred but not essential
- Membership of an appropriate professional body, preferred but not essential
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.