Asset Management Director – North
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Asset Management Director – North
The Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Asset Management Director to focus on our infrastructure markets and clients based in the North of the UK. As an Asset Management Leader you will work collaboratively to develop our existing relationships and develop new ones to yield significant and sustainable benefits to both clients and Atkins.
- Do you love talking all things asset management, from the strategic, to the tactical to the technical?
- Do you love to meet with clients, be challenged by their problems and find creative solutions to meet their needs?
- Do you thrive on developing new teams?
- Do you enjoy creating effective networks of clients and internal contacts?
- Do you enjoy developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value the client’s agenda?
This is an exciting time in the Infrastructure Asset Management practice as we are going through a significant step change in growth. This step change is driven by demand from clients and their challenges in Asset Management, and the game changer of the digital agenda. The fact that one of Atkins’ growth themes is Asset Management demonstrates the business’s support of this growth aspiration. As part of this step change we are looking for an experienced asset management consultant with a proven track record in developing client relationships and delivering key asset management projects, who is excellent at building and developing teams.
Atkins Infrastructure asset management key markets are Water and Aviation both in the UK and abroad, and we are growing our markets in Defence and Energy, and Cities and Development
Our services include:
- Strategic Asset Management advice including gap analysis and improvement plans against ISO55001/ business process engineering, business plan development
- Asset Investment Planning, both long term, including development of risk-based decision-making tools and methodologies, and prioritisation; and short term, turning Business Plans into reality and delivering outcomes;
- Asset Optimisation: operating your assets in a way that yields the greatest value for the business, aligning performance requirements, criticality and condition with interventions to create reliable performance in keeping with business expectations.
- Data Optimisation: interpreting & presenting client and asset data to inform asset management decisions across the lifecycle
- Assurance and regulatory advice both for UK Water utilities and internationally;
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining a small and expanding team. Your priorities will be to:
- Bring your client understanding and engagement skills to seek out, develop and land asset management opportunities, either directly from your existing client contacts or in collaboration with your Atkins Client Director colleagues.
- Building and leading your team in delivering the work you will be winning
- Delighting your clients with projects delivered in scope on time and in budget on a range of assignments
What you’ll need to be:
- An experienced asset management consultant, who is already established in the industry and well known to the market.
- Interested in both leading and delivering work
- Capable of selling both internally and externally
- Experienced and comfortable in growing a team and pipelines of work from scratch
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with customers, identifying and developing opportunities and managing these through to new work
- Experience of using Enterprise Asset Management Systems (such as Ellipse, Maximo, SAP) in the utilities sector;
- Experience of asset deterioration and optimisation models such as Pioneer, AIM, etc
Candidates for this role must be open to UK and international travel and periods away from their home office. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Willingness to work in professional collaborative environment with respect at the heart of everything we do.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity and problem solving
- A supportive and encouraging approach to identifying and nurturing talent.
- Proven track record in applying asset management principles to improve business performance and addressing client challenges.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Honours Degree or equivalent experience
• Asset Management Qualifications, preferred but not essential
• Membership of an appropriate professional body, preferred but not essential
Location: flexible work location. Focus clients will be based in North of the UK so role would ideally have a base in this region, but we can be flexible.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.