Assistant Airport Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is currently seeking an Assistant Airport Civil Engineer to join the Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice and form part of its aviation team based in its Epsom office.
Atkins is renowned for an array of significant projects across Aviation, Cities & Development, Transport, Defence, Energy and Water markets. The Atkins Aviation team is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a can-do attitude and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector. It focuses on innovative design and technical excellence with a passion for completing projects on time, within budget and to the client's complete satisfaction.
We are looking for individuals who are creative, organised, self-motivated and collaborative to co-ordinate and deliver designs in an airport environment. The candidate will ideally be a graduate level Civil Engineer with a couple of years’ of experience and working towards his / her chartership. Airfield infrastructure construction and / or design experience will be an advantage.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly experienced team that will embrace your ideas, guide and coach you to better serve our clients. You will have the prospect of advancing your career and professional development on complex and major airport projects across the UK and overseas. The position will provide you the opportunity of working closely with industry leading clients, stakeholders and equip you with the necessary skills in the development, approval and implementation of robust airport infrastructure design solutions.
The role position and salary will be commensurate with your demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Planning and design of airport landside and airside infrastructure
- Geometric design of runways, taxiways and aprons
- Flexible, rigid and composite aircraft pavement design
- Producing design and investigative reports related to aircraft pavements, airside and landside roads and associated airport infrastructure
- Preparation of scope of site investigation work
- Undertaking pavement inspections and preparing report and assessment on the findings
- Supervision of construction of airport works and ensure that the execution is in accordance with the works specifications
- Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of proposals and bids for new commissions.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Working towards chartership with the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary design team to deliver projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction
- Ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery
- A keen interest in emerging trends, developing technologies and evolving best practices to maintain our Client’s position at the forefront of its markets
- Effective communicator and good level of report writing skills
- Working Knowledge of the working will be an advantage:
- International codes and standards applicable to aviation including but not limited to ICAO, EASA, UK CAA and DfT
- Aircraft pavement engineering and design
- Earthworks and materials
- Tender documentation
- AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships
- Recognition that international work brings international travel, and a willingness to undertake commissions overseas, potentially for extended periods away from the UK.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.