Assistant Building Surveyor/Building Surveyor
Assistant Building Surveyor/Building Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is an integrated project management firm delivering Project and Programme Management consultancy services worldwide. We work in various sectors such as education, commercial property, public sector, offices, retail, residential and the banking sector. Placing great emphasis on the training, development, and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Due to a strong work stream an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join our Exeter based building surveying team. The role will involve supporting senior building surveyors on a range of building surveying projects across a range of sectors. The successful applicant will join a team that has an interesting workload and provides plenty of opportunity for progression. Support will be provided to complete the RICS APC with an assessor on the team and pre assessment training from the business. This role is on an agile working basis and be partly home based so will save the commute to the office on a daily basis.
- Support the Senior Building Surveyors in their day to day activities
- Undertake a wide range of building surveying duties throughout Devon and Cornwall and the surrounding area with some jobs further afield.
- With support, manage your own projects and understand the commercial aspects of this role
- Learn and understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within project management
- Participate in internal and external training initiatives
- Generate repeat business and participate in local business development initiatives
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar equivalent degree accredited by RICS
- Ideally (but not essential) Registered with the RICS and progressing with the APC
- An ability to manage your own time and workload effectively and efficiently
- Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
- A willingness to improve your technical skills and knowledge
- A desire to gain Chartered status in the medium term.
- A professional manner and outlook
- A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
- Punctuality, ability to meet deadlines and a commitment to get the job done
- IT literate –a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages such as AutoCAD
- Be able and willing to work at home part of the week and (when it reopens) some days a week in the Exeter office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional manner and smart appearance
- Ability to solve problems
- Self motivated
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Full clean driving licence
- Good report and letter writing skills
- Innovative and proactive.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefitsm
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs