Assistant Building Surveyor
• Able to demonstrate a keen interest within the construction sector.
• Demonstrate a highly motivated, proactive approach to work matters.
• An ability to conduct themselves in a courteous manner with a high level of professionalism.
• An ability to communicate via the telephone and IT equipment.
• Have a conscientious and attentive attitude to work at all times.
• IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Full driving licence and own car.
• Preferably to have some experience of construction & building services activities.
• Will commit to work to the Faithful+Gould values of positive, professional and collaborative working
• Will have the drive and self-motivation to self manage further industry qualification and to continuously develop technical & behavioural skills
• Will commit to the agreed training plan and objectives,
• Will have the ability to apply technical knowledge in analyzing problems and creating solutions
• Will be able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
• Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can demonstrate the ability to work both collaboratively and on your own initiative
• Will have a flexible approach to work
• Can demonstrate a strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
• Will be able to show evidence of the ability to write cogent and grammatical reports
As a trainee building surveyor you will be part of a team and will gain experience of the building surveying discipline on a wide variety of surveying projects:
• Helping compile scopes of work
• Contributing to project planning and execution
• Develop a detailed understanding of construction technology and building services
• Attending design team and construction stage team meetings
• Learning to work collaboratively on large scale survey projects
• Assisting in the preparation of KPI or project benchmarking information
• Liaising with your senior colleagues to ensure technical deliverables are delivered on time to the client requirements
• Attending site under own initiative and conduct accurate surveys where appropriate
• Managing own workload
• Undertake all matters relating to the agreed training plan
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.