Assistant Civil/ Civil Engineer
“Atkins are looking for an Assistant Civil Engineer to join our diverse team of Engineers and Technicians in a growing Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice who provide industry leading services across multiple markets from our Epsom office.
Our team has a diverse skill set and proven track record in delivering projects for major UK and International Clients in sectors such as water and wastewater, energy, aviation and transport solutions, residential and commercial developments. We are growing and developing the range of engineering, asset & project management services that we provide to a growing and diverse range of UK and international clients including for some of the biggest and most complex projects around.
We now require motivated and technically skilled individuals to join our dynamic team to work with client and Design & Build partnerships on this journey.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our rapidly growing team. Please get in touch if you want to be part of our team to deliver some of the most exciting projects the industry can offer.
We provide training and development, with our team members achieving an exceptional record in Institution of Civil Engineers’ Professional Reviews at all levels.
We are seeking candidates that have the ability and desire to become a key member of our team. Successful candidates will be involved in a wide range of projects including energy, aviation and transport solutions, water and wastewater, residential and commercial developments. You will grow your exposure and hands on experience to engineering design and construction support.
In this role, you will be working as part of a design team, under the supervision of a Project Manager or Senior or Principal Engineers, with responsibilities which will include:
• Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design
• Engineering design and calculations
• Writing technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications and other project related documents
• Site investigations and information gathering
• Analysing data, reviewing technical information, conducting technical evaluation
• Aiding and leading Project team members to complete planning, design and construction phase services
• Reviewing of contractor’s submission and responding to contractor information requests, and site observation
• Assisting with business development support, such as preparing proposals and developing client relationships
• Honours Degree in Civil Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent qualification
• Hold or be actively pursuing Professional Qualification (CEng/ IEng or equivalent)
• Achieved or close to completion of Initial Professional Development (IPD) stage of ICE Professional Qualification (or equivalent)
• Strong interest in engineering design and working on a variety of projects
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Proficient with computer literacy such as MS Word, Excel, Project and Power Point
• Ability to work both independently and with a multi-disciplined group to project completion
• Strong interpersonal skills
• An organised and self-starter individual
• Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and an ambition to succeed in delivering quality service
• Ability to effectively manage own time which may be necessary, if working on more than one project
• A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
• Flexible approach to work location
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.