Assistant Civil/ Civil Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice are looking to appoint an Assistant Civil/ Civil Engineer to support and lead the technical aspects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major engineering projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery, Atkins are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients, influencing policy and future technology.
This key post will be based out of London where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of major on-going projects across sectors including the energy, defence, transportation and general infrastructure. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills.
As an Assistant Civil Engineer you would take ownership of certain aspects of a project and be responsible for managing certain project technical staff, reporting upwards to Senior Engineers. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development and training. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
• Design and engineering activities on a variety of projects
• Management of some elements of work to programme, budget and quality
• Supervising our junior engineers and technicians
• Help drive digital and BIM developments into projects
• Liaison with clients to understand client needs and engage on development of solutions
• Production and checking of aspects of design in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements
• Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
• Helping ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment
• Generally helping to deliver to time, cost and quality
• Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
• Technical execution of design, reports and technical queries
• Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
• Aspiring toward Civil Engineering Chartered or Incorporated status
• Some experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment
• Some experience in design delivery including multidisciplinary design
• Knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering
• Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team
• Confidence to work with Clients
• Some appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments; familiarity with utility, planning, highway and other key legislation requirements
• Flexible and responsive to project and client needs
• Hands on BIM/Digital competency
• Proactive commitment to health and safety
• Flexibility to work from client office, site, or possible overseas deployment for a duration up to and possibly exceeding 6 months
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.