Assistant Civil Engineer (GIS)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice are looking to appoint an Assistant Civil/ Civil Engineer to support the development of digital tools and improve the delivery of civil engineering and multidisciplinary design projects across a range of markets.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery, Atkins are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients and equally broad range of skills, delivering transformational outcomes and influencing policy and future technology.
• Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
• Aspiring toward Civil Engineering Chartered or Incorporated status
- Experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment
- Knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering including Autodesk Civil 3D
- be up to speed with the latest geospatial technologies; experience using Open source GIS (e.g. OpenLayers and GeoServer) and ESRI ArcGIS Server and Desktop products
- experience developing and maintaining good data principles to support BIM Level 2 delivery
- have a diligent and accurate work ethic and strong problem-solving skills;
- ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team
- some appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections / discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments; familiarity with utility, planning, highway and other key legislation requirements
- A broad digital knowledge with experience of delivering innovative technical solutions on projects and remaining close to clients;
- 3D modelling experience with preference in AutoCAD Civil 3D or other software platform;
- Experience using FME Desktop and FME Server, PostgreSQL / PostGIS and OGC standards
- Support the conception, planning and implementation of digitally enabled workstreams; driving digital and BIM improvements
- Work closely with the information manager and data management team to configure data effectively for your colleagues, client and stakeholders
- Perform and deliver allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements, as directed by the project manager and/or team leader
- Design and engineering activities on a variety of projects
- Management of some elements of work to programme, budget and quality
- Supervise junior engineers and technicians and upskill project teams in GIS and digital delivery
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and develop solutions
- Production and checking of aspects of design in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Check compliance against and input into the ongoing development of client data requirements incl. Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) and BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Must be a self-starter, un-fazed by ambiguity, able to think creatively and pick up new concepts quickly
- Be highly organised and keen to bring structure and clarity to problems
- Ability to develop, test and refine solutions rapidly
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, acting in the best interests of the team and able to work effectively as an individual
- have excellent communication in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.