Assistant Civil Engineer
Atkins are looking for an Assistant Civil Engineer to join our diverse team of civil engineers in a growing Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice who provide industry leading services across the Cities & Development, and Aviation markets from our Epsom and London offices.
Our experience team of engineers have a proven track record and work on a wide variety of projects for major residential developers, defence infrastructure organisations airports and private developments. We are also developing the range of asset & project management services that we provide to a growing and diverse range of UK and international clients.
We now require motivated and technically skilled engineers to join our dynamic team to work with us and support our clients on this journey.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our rapidly growing team. Please get in touch if you want to be part of our team to deliver some of the biggest and most exciting projects the industry can offer.
We are seeking for candidate with minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience that have the ability and desire to grow further become a key member of our team. Successful candidates will be involved in a wide range of projects in designing civil infrastructure such as road network and highway infrastructure (including Section 278/38 works), drainage in public and private realms, external works and analysis of earthworks.
In this role, you will be working as part of a design team, under the supervision of a Senior or Principal Engineers, with responsibilities which will include assisting with:
- Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design
- Engineering design including roads, drainage networks and utilities infrastructure
- Writing technical memoranda, reports, technical drawings, specifications and other project related documents
- Site investigations
- Analysing data, reviewing technical information, conducting technical evaluation
- Project team members to complete planning, design and construction phase services
- Liaising with stakeholders for inputting into the design
- Assisting with business development support, such as preparing proposals and developing client relationships
- Attendance to site and client meetings
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent qualification
- Interest in the design of site wide infrastructure design including road and drainage networks, and utilities infrastructure. Relevant experience in at least highway and drainage networks is essential.
- Experience with digital tools such as Civils 3D and Microdrainage would be an advantage
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated to achieving Professional qualifications with a professional body such as the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Proficient with computer literacy such as MS Word, Excel, Project and Power Point
- Ability to work both independently and with a multi-disciplined group to project completion
- An organised and self-starter individual
- Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and an ambition to succeed in delivering quality service
- Ability to effectively manage own time which may be necessary, if working on more than one project
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
- Flexible approach to work location
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation), or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.