Assistant Drainage Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins provides drainage design services to Rail, Highway, Private Developer, Energy and Water markets. Due to a growing workload we are keen to strengthen our existing team.
We require an Assistant Drainage Engineer to join the team in Glasgow Office. You will be required to undertake the design of drainage infrastructure Transportation and Private Developer projects with emphasis on railway and highway drainage and development drainage including SuDS.
You will have technical skills and some experience in designing drainage infrastructure for developers/transportation schemes.
We actively encourage strong, direct relationships with our clients, internal and external, so you will also be required to work with existing internal external clients
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject
- Working towards Chartered status (eg ICE or CIWEM)
- Experience in the engineering design of development infrastructure; such as storm/foul drainage including attenuation and flow control
- Be conversant with drainage elements of CIRIA SuDS manual.
- Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of highway/railway drainage
- Experience in the use of design software (MicroDrainage and/or Civils 3D)
- Experience of the transportation and/or housing, commercial sector
- Experience working with Private Developers
- Basic Knowledge of FEH/FSR and other hydrological methodologies
- Awareness of BIM and digital design processes
- Producing drainage infrastructure design packages
- Assisting drainage engineers in developing drainage design solutions on multi-disciplinary projects
- Compliance with the CDM Regulations and safety and environmental requirements
- You will possess the following:
- Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role
- The ability to work to time and cost budgets
- Good communications skills
- A willingness to work with Clients and their project teams
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- A flexible approach to work
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Travel to other Atkins and client site locations may occasionally be necessary and you must be willing to travel as required from time to time which may involve stays away from home.
Rewards and Benefits
- Atkins’ competitive core benefits package includes:
- 25 days paid annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and the ability to purchase up to 15 days additional leave or sell up to 5 days leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Atkins will match and double employee contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Personal accident cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional fees paid
- Give as you earn – charity contributions
- Private medical insurance discount
- Employee Referral Bounty Scheme
- IT Related discounts
- Bike4Work scheme – opportunity to benefit from tax and NI savings on a new bike used primarily to travel to work.
- Health Club Membership Discount – Corporate rates available on over 1,700 participating health clubs, spas and gyms
- Leisure discounts 15% off Virgin Experience Days, discounts available on Thomas Cook holidays, get between 25% - 50% off Merlin
- Entertainments (including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres etc.)
- Employee Assistance Well-being Programme – 24 hour free confidential information and advice
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles