Assistant Engineer (Bridges)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a Assistant Bridge Engineer on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from Gurgaon, India.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant
- Graduate degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- 3 years experience in design of bridges.
- Experience in structural engineering software and MS-Office.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Ability to give others confidence in their technical and professional ability, and develop understanding in relation to their own discipline.
- Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute in a team of engineers and CAD technicians working on design and assessment of bridges as per British codes of practice and Eurocodes.
- Liaison and interact with the UK businesses.
- Maintain and develop relationships with the UK in order to further business opportunities.
- Check design and assessment calculations and reviewing detailed drawings.
- Deliver project in accordance with to quality, timescales and budget.
- Ensure technical competencies of self and team are kept up to date.
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in bridge engineering software such as LUSAS, SAM-LEAP, RM or SuperSUITE.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and AASHTO.
- Working knowledge of British standards, Eurocodes
- Experience in working on international projects.
- Experience of working abroad.