Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
The Power Networks business is involved in conceptual and system studies, owner’s engineer and detail design of HV substations up to 400 kV, Power Plants and Overhead Lines. It also designs Power Networks for Oil/Gas installations, Industrial Cities, Multi Use developments and Heavy industries. Major clients are in UK and Middle East.
Electrical – Junior Engineer:
- Preparation of SLD, equipment layout for substations LV and MV voltage levels.
- Preparation of General arrangement drawing, panel equipment layout, earthing layout drawings
- Lighting calculation, Earthing design, small power design, cable racking, installation details for the Electrical services.
- Transformer sizing, cable sizing, breaker sizing, capacitor bank sizing for MV and LV system
- Lightning protection and earthing design for substations and buildings.
- LV and MV cable routing
- Detailed knowledge of power equipment such as switchgear, protective relays, breakers, transformers, motors, and generators is required.
Strong conceptualization ability, strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills are a must, including the capability to explain complex technical issues to decision-makers and project teams. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, be willing to travel abroad for short and long term, and work successfully in a customer focused, project-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 4-6 years of relevant industrial experience
- Sound knowledge on software like Dialux/Relux Amtech and CDEGS
- Good knowledge on BS standards and International standards.
- As per ISO 9001 quality standards carry out the quality work and maintain the documents.
- As per health and safety and environmental requirement carry out the design.
- Experience of Detail Design / Infrastructure Projects
- Ability to work in Multi-Disciplinary Projects
Our Latest Articles