Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. As a provider of multi disciplined technical services, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Within the Energy sector, Atkins has an exceptional reputation for delivering innovative and cost efficient solutions to some of the world's most technically challenging problems providing services to the Nuclear, Power and Oil and Gas sectors. Atkins supports the whole life cycle of the nuclear industry, building the next generation of nuclear power stations, keeping the current fleet operational and solving the decommissioning challenge. Atkins has over four decades of experience of providing engineering, safety and environmental solutions to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers of nuclear licensed sites at UK.
To meet the growing demand of nuclear industry and to support that demand from our Bangalore operations, we are seeking applications from the talented individuals at all levels with experience ranging from 2 – 4 years in process engineering.
We are particularly interested in individuals with reasonable consultancy/contracting experience in process system design, waste management, plant commissioning, decommissioning and process safety. Previous power or nuclear experience is desirable, but not essential, particularly with suitable demonstration of experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Pharmaceutical).
Role: Assistant Engineer
Work is varied and will typically include:
- Design and development of process systems
- Nuclear fuel cycle
- Maintenance and life-extension of current generation plants
- Radioactive waste management and decommissioning
- Thermal and hydraulic design and analysis
- Piping, equipment design and process/hydraulic calculation
- Process hazard analysis/probabilistic safety assessment/reliability engineering
- Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages
- Design analysis (applying first principles, if required) and review of process systems
- Equipment selection/sizing, mass and activity balances, process and hydraulic calculations
- Production of process deliverables such as PFDs, P&IDs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, etc.
- Safety and fault analysis including SWIFT, HAZOP, HAZID studies, FMEA, FTA etc.
- Process optimisation, optioneering and design substantiation
- Operational design support, failure investigations and condition assessment
- Development of process control schemes, philosophies and devising equipment operational logics
- Liaising with all stakeholders
- Suitable degree in Chemical/Mechanical or relevant engineering
- Experience in nuclear, power or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred
Conversant with tools HTRI, HYSYS, ASPEN and PRO-II.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, and relevant knowledge of site operations of process plant is desirable
- A degree of experience and understanding of other engineering disciplines
- Conversant with international design codes and standards
- Experience on slurry, resin and sludge pumping, nuclear waste handling and encapsulation/immobilisation is desirable.
- Knowledge of mechanical design, piping layout, pipe support design would be an added advantage
- Experience on design and analysis software packages preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted
- Strong delivery culture, ability to multi-task, delegate tasks, develop and deliver cost/time-effective solutions
- Proven computer aptitude, expertise in MS office, Auto CAD or other relevant tools.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles
- Proven strong strategic, problem solving, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Flexible in travelling to Atkins’ UK offices and client’s office locations at UK, if required.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. As a provid
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs