This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Our Water Networks team is one of the longest established specialist teams of its kind, providing consultancy and field support services to clients for the operation, performance and management of clean water networks in UK. Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for assistant engineer for offshore executed projects from Bangalore, India.
How will you contribute to the team?
The position will suit an individual with broad technical capabilities and experience in water distribution and supply. Candidates should preferably be educated to Bachelor or master’s level in Civil Engineering or Science based subject. Experience should preferably include an understanding of the operation of water distribution and supply networks, including hydraulic analysis, hydraulic network modelling and leakage management practices.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- As a member of the Water Networks team, you will provide a range of technical support associated with water related projects.
- Hydraulic analysis of water supply networks.
- Data processing and analysis.
- Preparation of technical reports & presentation of results, conclusions & recommendations.
- Responding to client directions in a receptive and customer focused manner maintaining technical quality standards.
- Have an aptitude to multitask and to be self-starting in new business environments and service areas.
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the water industry.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Willingness to travel to the UK for short term assignments and training.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments.
- Ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues.
- Well-motivated and able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments when required.
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments.
What will you contribute?
- M.Tech/ B.E in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferably based on delivering projects to the UK Water Industry.
- Sufficient and appropriate experience of working within a technical environment (Water projects).
- Able to independently work on data processing and analysis to a high standard.
- The ability to develop innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Working knowledge of software such as InfoWorks, Epanet, SynerGee, Aquis and MapInfo.
- Working knowledge of British Standards is desirable.
- Computer literacy e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent English spoken and written skills within a business environment.
- Working to defined timescales and following an approved methodology will be key features of the role.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Physical hydrogeology & hydrology
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs