JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ASSISTANT GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER (GRADE 09)
Atkins, as a Member of the SNC-Lavalin Group is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies with a strong reputation in the Geotechnical Engineering Sector. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
In the infrastructure and transportation sectors we have a rapidly expanding workload and an exciting portfolio of roads, rail, water and building development projects. As such we are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to take a leading role in our strong geotechnical team.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for experienced Geotechnical Engineers in our rapidly expanding team in Bangalore GDC. An ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience by working with a multidiscipline team of Geotechnical Engineers providing a comprehensive design service to our clients.
A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and Master’s Degree in Foundation or Ground Engineering or Civil Engineering (Geotechnical specialization) and 1-3 years of relevant design experience.
Candidates will be asked to show how their experience demonstrates ability to:
- Assess complex problems and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Be able to estimate man hour requirements for engineering execution or proposals.
- Take responsibility for man-hours and monitor cost impact of technical solutions.
- Design of modular and embedded retaining walls, slope stability analysis & pile group analysis.
- Conversant with geotechnical analysis software like SLOPE/W, WALLAP, VDISP & REPUTE.
- Ability to carry out advanced geotechnical and soil structure interaction analysis would be an advantage.
- Producing high quality technical work including geotechnical analysis and design.
- Work as a team member within our growing geotechnical team
- Assist senior staff in the delivery of projects and offers.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.