Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
We are now seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer to be based in our Belfast office to support the ongoing expansion of business opportunities in both the public and private development sectors in Northern Ireland (NI) and across the rest of the UK.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, technicians and other professionals, you will be responsible for the delivery of drainage designs including producing calculations, drawings, reports and specifications to relevant standards.
Your experience should demonstrate the successful design of projects meeting program and budgets targets. Your communication skills and teamwork should be excellent, and you should be self-motivated and able to support project managers and senior engineers in delivering projects.
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied workload in a sociable office and receive excellent support in their journey towards their professional qualifications.
- Supporting the Project Team in designing schemes for both the public and private sectors;
- Preparing scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design;
- Utilizing 3-D design packages, including AutoCAD, Civil3D and Micro Drainage (or similar) to undertake drainage designs;
- Production of drainage designs, models and calculations to current design standards including the design of sustainable drainage solutions;
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets;
- Co-ordinating the drainage design process and integrating with architects and associated highways, environmental, geotechnical and structural engineers;
- Working alongside Clients and stakeholders on technical aspects of projects; and
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and design guidelines.
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Appropriate previous experience of working in this field;
- Ability to act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way;
- Ability to work collaboratively and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams or work independently;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Civil3D;
- Proficient in the use of hydraulic modelling software such as Micro Drainage;
- Experienced in preparing drawings, reports and specifications; and
- Working towards professional qualifications.
- Experience in the planning process and working with stakeholders e.g. NI Water and DfI Rivers (or equivalent);
- Experience of working on both public and private development projects in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience of highways design; and
- Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption, DMRB and CDM Regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to use your initiative and have a desire to improve your technical capabilities;
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst working to demanding deadlines;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Be well organized with good time management skills;
- Supportive approach to less experienced members of the team; and
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments.
Atkins recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs