Our Advanced Technology team specialises in advanced computer-based structural and dynamic analysis using finite element analysis software to predict the behaviour of civil, structural and mechanical hardware. With a Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or General Engineering, you’ll get involved in a variety of fields from structural dynamics and seismic engineering to stress, thermal and fatigue analysis.
Who we’re looking for:
• Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.1 or above MEng/MSc degree (or equivalent) in a Civil, Mechanical, General or related discipline;
• Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities;
• Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions;
• Experience or an interest in developing the application of computer programming and other digital solutions to engineering problems;
• Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered status;
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills;
• A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad;
• Working towards or obtained chartered Engineer status.
The role would join a body of technically focused engineers who aim to provide solutions to complex problems. There is a demand for an analytically focused, practically minded Engineer, with a Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering background who is looking for a challenge.
Successful applicants will join a forward-thinking team, working in a digitally collaborative environment, and will be given opportunities to make real contributions to major engineering projects.
• Part of technical delivery teams to deliver a range of projects to completion, within cost budget and to programme.
• Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
• Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the input requirements.
• Production of designs and calculations to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues
• Production of key technical documentation – Calculations, Design reports
• Build internal relationships and help identify business opportunities .
• Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
Please read these requirements carefully before applying and ensure they are evident on your CV if you have achieved them.
• Strong academic background with a relevant Honours degree, degrees or equivalent.
• Seeking Chartered Engineer Status (MICE, MIStructE or MIMechE).
• Familiarity and experience in the use of finite element and finite difference packages.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
• Ideally be familiar with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry.
• Some design or site experience gained on a work placement.
• You will have a proactive, co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients.
• A self-motivating, reliable and consistent approach to work is essential.
• Practically minded with a problem solving nature.
• A flexible and adaptable approach to work is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexible approach to work location.
• High standards of work, delivering robustly within the Atkins Design Principles.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who require flexibility. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
(http://axis.eu.atkinsglobal.com/uk/peoplematters/rewards/Pages/default.aspx) is included in the job description template which can be found using the following link: http://axis.eu.atkinsglobal.com/uk/peoplematters/employ/Pages/recruitment.aspx
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.