This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the
delivery of first class solutions which combines
innovation, imagination and best practices.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a Assistant Bridge Engineer on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects . Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant
Successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for designing, checking and assessment of bridges and other highway structures.
- Designing, checking and assessment of bridges and other highway structures as per British Standards, DMRB, Eurocodes and AASHTO.
- Deliver projects in accordance with quality, timescales and budget.
- Ensure technical competencies are kept up to date.
- Apply Atkins’ Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS).
- Graduate degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- 3 years experience in Bridge design.
- Experience in structural engineering software and MS-Office.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Ability to understand, explain, present and solve technical problems.
- Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an institute of repute.
- Experience in bridge engineering software such as LUSAS, SAM-LEAP, RM-Bridge, ADAPT, MIDAS/Civil or SuperSUITE.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Exposure to international codes of practice.
- Competency in writing technical reports and making presentations