Assistant Engineer - Structures Asset Management
Assistant Engineer - Structures Asset Management
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
In Digital Asset Management, we help our road, rail, water and energy customers to get the most out of their infrastructure assets. We provide the information they need to make key plans and decisions about the future, such as when to invest in their structures assets and what maintenance activities to prioritise. We help clients understand their data and bring it to life, using tools such as FME, PowerBI and Tableau.
We also advise clients on the implementation of national guidance and best practice, such as the uptake of risk-based approaches to structures asset management. This often involves working closely with clients to understand their needs and aspirations, followed by developing and implementing improvement or transformation plans. The projects we work on are varied, dynamic and stimulating, providing plenty of opportunity for new challenges and personal growth.
We have opportunities for Assistant Engineers across the UK in our Structures Asset Management team to deliver great services to our clients. The role will involve working with a variety of clients in a range of projects related to structures asset management, from supporting early design stage optioneering, through to collecting and analysing their structures data to help clients better understand their assets.
Our markets are national road and rail administrations, local authorities, PPP organisations and private sector asset owners in the UK. The focus of the role will be project delivery, with some support activities including project bidding. In addition, there will be opportunities to manage your own projects as part of your role.
The Assistant Engineer: Structures Asset Management role will be based in Birmingham or Glasgow (although other locations will be considered), and includes:
- Development of asset management technical excellence to support consultancy projects;
- UK-wide travel to our clients’ offices or other Atkins locations to collaborate on project delivery; and
- Occasional site work, such as data collection or supervision of construction or maintenance activities.
- Leading the delivery of projects related to structures asset management;
- Presenting technical solutions to clients and other stakeholders;
- Complying with company processes and policies, and ensuring adherence to safety, welfare, quality and environmental requirements;
- Supporting project bidding activities; and
- Developing and enhancing client relationships with a number of public and private sector clients.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline with 2-3 years’ work experience
- Working towards Chartered Status
- Knowledge in the field of structures asset management
- Ability to work in a client facing role, with good communication skills
- An excellent report writing ability
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Project management skills
- Familiarity with the DMRB or Network Rail Standards
- Experience in asset management IT systems
- Good knowledge of structures maintenance practices in the UK
- Awareness of PAS55 and ISO 55000 documentation
- Experience and understanding of asset modelling
- Experience in managing and delivering projects and meeting client expectations
Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects, have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues from across the UK and the globe. You’ll benefit from our promotion-from-within policy and you’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs