Assistant Engineer - Water
Assistant Engineer - Water
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Atkins has an opportunity to join the Rivers, Coastal and Marine Design team in Bangalore.
Water Management Consultancy (WMC) is part of Infrastructure (Environmental and Water Management) within Atkins Water and Environment Business. Our clients are both UK and international, and our projects typically fall within one of the following categories: flood defence; hydraulic structures; ports and maritime. Consequently, WMC staff have a broad range of science and engineering skills including river and coastal engineering; hydrology and hydraulics; dams; weirs; hydraulic gates; ports and maritime engineering.
The role requires the candidate to support in the delivery of a wide range of projects with a particular focus on integrated water management, including hydrodynamic catchment modelling, hydrology, sustainable drainage, water sensitive urban design, river restoration, software development, research and development, as well as client and multi-stakeholder engagement.
The role will ideally suit someone who is looking for a technical challenge and is keen to work on advanced and industry leading projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges.
- International experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
- Working knowledge of coding/programming using (R, VBA, Python) will be a plus.
What will you contribute?
- A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and /or master’s degree in water management/Hydrology with 3 to 5 years of water industry experience.
- Proven experience in 2D modelling using TUFLOW.
- Prior experience of 1D-2D modelling using ISIS-TUFLOW and ESTRY-TUFLOW.
- Proven skills in using GIS, including MapInfo, ArcGIS and freeware open source GIS products.
- An understanding of the overall development process.
- Experience in carrying out Flood Risk Assessments including drainage strategy.
- Experience in FEH.
- The applicant should be working towards to achieve Chartered status.
- Able to produce technical reports in English in a clear and concise form.
- Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients and via video conferencing.
- Competent in using IT including Word, Excel, Power-point, emails and the Internet.
- Good presentational skill.
- Managing own time.
- Ability to follow quality procedures and to maintain high quality standards in own work.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and new work procedures.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs