Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
In the infrastructure and transportation sectors we have a rapidly expanding workload and an exciting portfolio of roads, rail, water and building development projects. As such we are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to take a leading role in our strong geotechnical team.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for experienced Geotechnical Engineers in our rapidly expanding team in Bangalore GDC. An ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience by working with a multidiscipline team of Geotechnical Engineers providing a comprehensive design service to our clients.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Undertake Slope stability analysis, and design of deep and shallow foundations.
- Conversant with geotechnical analysis software like PLAXIS 2D, SLOPE/W, SEEP/W, REPUTE.
- Ability to carry out advanced geotechnical and soil structure interaction analysis would be an advantage, preferably proficient in Plaxis 2D.
- Ground Investigation Works and Site inspection experience is preferred.
- Assist senior staff in the delivery of projects and offers.
- Producing high quality technical work including geotechnical analysis and design.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Flexibility for cross skilling in another sub discipline of Civil Engineering is expected.
What will you contribute?
- A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and master’s degree in Foundation or Ground Engineering or Civil Engineering (Geotechnical specialization).
- Required experience will be in between 1-3 years.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs