Assistant Graduate Recruitment Advisor
Assistant Graduate Recruitment Advisor
At Atkins, a member of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the Transport, Infrastructure, Energy, Aerospace and Defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Recruitment Advisor for our Early Careers team, based in Birmingham, on a fixed term contract to provide maternity cover for 12 – 15 months.
We’re looking for a recruiter with some recruitment experience but most importantly a passion for graduate recruitment and the opportunity to develop your skills with an exceptional team. To do well in this role you’ll certainly need to have a desire to learn, like variety and challenges and working in a high volume, fast paced environment, providing exceptional customer service. Although we have recruitment cycles there’s never a time when we’re not busy, so you would come in and hit the ground running to support the delivery of our graduate recruitment. Relevant experience would of course be great to have, but we’ll consider general recruitment experience in a high volume and fast paced environment. If you’re a quick learner with the right approach and ambition you could be right for us as we’ll provide you with the support and training needed to become competent during your time with us
So, you get a feel for the role, here’s some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the team delivering our graduate recruitment which is likely to involve taking responsibility end to end for a number of roles (depends on your experience and aptitude), from attraction through to onboarding, aligned to one or more of our business areas
- Help manage a high volume of candidates through our selection process providing an exceptional customer service and an outstanding candidate experience
- There’s lots of business and candidate engagement so you’ll need to enjoy communicating with people in all parts of the process, enabling the right decisions to be made
- Use our early careers ATS, we’ll provide training, but you’ll want to have used systems before for candidate management in a recruitment environment
- We’d like you to be able to deliver virtual assessment centres, given some training
- Get involved in the ongoing improvement of our early career’s recruitment through various projects
Here’s some of the things we’ll be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Highly organised with a structured approach to work, juggling priorities well whilst being self-managing a lot of the time with the support of the team around you
- Great IT skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be comfortable with systems
- Excellent customer focus, helping us to always put the candidate first, at the same time as supporting the business
- Have the confidence and ability to build strong relationships with people, getting close to your colleagues, our business stakeholders and candidates
- Like following process where there needs to be and comfortable to look for flexible improvements where the opportunity exists
- Great at multi-tasking, regularly prioritising your workload and being agile enough to support the team as and when needed
- Self-sufficient and independent, you’ll be confident working autonomously at times but capable of staying connected with the team
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins, a member of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins, a member of the SNC Lavalin Group, recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs