Assistant Land Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As part of the Atkins Geomatics Practice you would be based at the Chelmsford Office The Assistant Land Surveyor will support the surveying team. It is essential that the successful candidate will have basic knowledge and experience of modern surveying techniques, some experience within the rail environment would be beneficial but not essential.
Experience as an Assistant Land Surveyor in the Geomatics field
ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent in a surveying science.
Basic knowledge of the following software applications:
- AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Some Leica processing Software
- The willingness to learn on the job.
- Maintain a good working environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced IT skills.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Must hold CSCS card.
It is expected that the Assistant / Junior Surveyor will be willing to learn or may already have some experience with:
- Total Stations.
- Digital Levels.
- GNSS equipment.
- laser scanning instrumentation.
- The Assistant Land Surveyor is expected to carry out work supervised and unsupervised for the surveyor. They will be required to communicate well with the surveyors and work under instruction.
- The Assistant Land Surveyor is expected to maintain a high level of health and safety within the site team.
- The Assistant Land Surveyor will be required to travel between sites and office.
- The role will require significant time on their feet and can cover many miles over rough terrain.
- Maintain a safe working environment within health and safety regulations.
- Conscientious team player
- Professional manner
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A clear and thorough communication style
Much of the work is based on site therefore the applicant must be comfortable with working outdoors in all weather conditions. There will also be early morning starts, weekend and night time working.
Flexible Benefits and Training
The health and wellbeing of our staff is paramount, and as such Atkins offers a wide range of flexible benefits for all employees. Benefits include flexible holiday packages, bike4work, corporate gym membership and health insurance discounts and 24h access to our Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support on both personal and work-related issues.
Flexible and part-time working is also a key part of Atkins approach to health and wellbeing, and as such applicants are welcome to discuss their specific working requirements if invited for interview. Full details of our benefits package can be found here:
We develop our individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through annual and mid-year appraisals, supplemented by regular 1-2-1s with line managers. Professional accreditation is also highly valued by our business, and as such when applicable you will be supported through your specific accreditation process by an appropriate mentor.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles