Assistant Landscape Architect - London
Assistant Landscape Architect - London
Atkins have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Landscape Architects to join our London team.
Atkins is an award-winning global design, engineering and project management consultancy. Our practice wide team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and masterplanners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring designs that transform people’s lives. We have an established innovative team within Atkins with over 40 years of experience. We are proud of our rich heritage as one of UK’s larger landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the Atkins landscape, urban design architecture and masterplanning practice.
We are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile landscape, public realm and masterplanning projects for the public, private and international sectors.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Landscape Architect to join our expanding Architecture & Masterplanning practice based in London, comprising landscape architects, architects, urban designers and masterplanners. As part of the Landscape & Urban Design Team based in London Victoria’s Nova office, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to some high profile landscape and public realm projects across London and involvement in International masterplans. The position offers a wide variety of experience and provides an excellent opportunity for career progression.
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 1 years proven experience gained in either a consultancy or local authority environment.
The work will embrace a wide variety of project types at different stages under the supervision of Senior Landscape Architects who are passionate about their work. Typical workload will involve:
- Working with architects and masterplanners, together with engineers and related environmental disciplines including EIA co-ordinators, planners, ecologists and heritage experts
- Developing designs from concept through to on site supervision for high profile London landscape and public realm projects
- Supporting the delivery of international masterplans
- Preparing landscape and public realm designs, strategies and specifications
- Supervision of implementation works on-site
- A creative, enthusiastic, technically proficient and professional approach
- Working towards becoming a Chartered member of the Landscape Institute UK with sufficient and appropriate experience gained in either a consultancy or local authority environment.
- A degree or post-graduate Landscape Architecture qualification
- An organised and efficient approach to completing work within tight deadlines and budgets.
- Good free hand sketching skills to communicate design ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using key design software programmes such as AutoCAD, Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Sketchup
- Use of GIS (ArcGIS) and Revit would be an advantage.
- Ideal candidates should be proactive, have a creative flair and keen to work as part of an award winning multidiscipline team.
The candidate will report to a Senior or Principal Landscape Architect and support and occasionally lead in the production of a range of projects from inception and feasibility stages through planning detailed design to delivery on the ground.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Cities & development
Atkins have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Architect to join our London team.Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and proj
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs