Assistant Lead Designer - CADS RC
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Transportation division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for several excellent CAD Technicians at all levels on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world-renowned consultant.
- Should be proficient in Revit Structures and expert in 3D modelling of Bridges, Highways & Rail Structures
- Should be competent in running the clash detection process in Navisworks or Bentley Navigator and should be able to act as an information manager
- Should be able to train others in infrastructure BIM process
- Competent in producing GA and RC detailing drawings for bridges and other highway structures.
- Should be able to produce medium to complex 3D modelling for bridges & other highways structures.
- Deliver high quality drawings & 3D modelling within timescales and budget.
- Produce drawings in accordance with Drawing Management Standards (DMS) and relevant specifications and codes of practice.
- Ensure technical competencies are kept up to date.
- Mandatory Requirements:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum of 8 to 12 years of experience in structures including Revit Modelling, RC detailing by using CADS RC and he / she should be having in-depth knowledge in 3D modelling.
- Sufficient and relevant experience in drafting and RC detailing of bridges, Culverts, Viaducts and other highway structures.
- Experience in computer software such as MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Outlook.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to independently produce engineering drawings to a high standard.
- Ability to produce appropriate calculations, when necessary, in producing working drawings.
- Working experience in Revit, CADS RC,Civil 3D, Open Roads, Navis Works, Infraworks, Microstation and AutoCAD Softwares
- Knowledge of ProjectWise or any other EDMS softwares
- Knowledge of RC detailing softwares like Tekla, Bentley Rebar
- Experience in steel detailing would be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge in BS, EURO codes as well as UK, US & ME CAD/BIM standards.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Excellent time management skills.
- 08 to 15 years of relevant experience
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma holder in Civil Engineering with sufficient and relevant experience.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment Knowledge of programming, AutoLISP or similar
- Working knowledge of British Standards
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.