Assistant Management Accountant (Saudi National)
Atkins are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant (Saudi National) for Riyadh, KSA.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin Group we operate as a global fully integrated professional services and project management company – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance. Together, SNCL has over 50,000 employees and annual revenues of approximately C$12 billion.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
A position has arisen to assist the Saudi Finance Team in delivering a high quality and effective financial analysis, business support and reporting for the Saudi business. The
Assistant Management Accountant will support in delivering the Service Line Reporting and Analysis activities and the Internal and External Audit requirements. The role will be focused on assisting the team to deliver clear, accurate and insightful reporting to the Saudi Senior Leadership Team and to the Regional EDPM team in Dubai. The role will involve dealing with Project Managers, Directors and Senior Staff to understand and ultimate challenge the business.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the job process, with special emphasis on their limitations and impact on management accounting process. Take responsibility for checking and challenging forecasts and provisions movement.
- Needs to be able to produce or assist with the production of monthly, quarterly and forecast management accounts, in line with group policy. They should have the aptitude to be able to both comment on and interpret the content of accounts for both the finance and non-finance community. This to include the identification of issues which need to be reviewed by the appropriate Assistant Financial Controller (“AFC”).
- Sufficient to be able to identify if local processes are in line with current accounting principles and practice. Be able to identify concerns and pass onto the AFC for action.
- Sufficient to understand the importance and impact of cash on the business at a project level and thus be able to ensure that cash management best practice is achieved on projects.
- Have the, initiative, personal skills and be able to gain sufficient business knowledge to be able to assist in identifying and solving problems within the local business units.
- They will need quickly obtain a good understanding of business models and ability to identify and price risks - sufficient to be able to advise the AFC or other business contact of likely issues. This includes an understanding of how Atkins generates value.
- Assisting the AFCs in analysing project data, preparing reports and responding to queries and requests across the business;
- Support to the AFCs and Management Accountant on ad-hoc initiatives and analysis
- Work together with the Project Controls team to identify project performance issues or areas for improvement as early as possible;
- Develop strong working relationships with team members and other key stakeholders within Central Finance;
- Assisting to drive business improvement projects;
- Seek opportunities to learn new skills and aspire to develop within the team;
- Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA or other recognized Western Accounting qualification;
- Minimum of 2 years, experience within a Finance Environment.
- Competent accountant with good understanding of double entry and accounting best practices.
- Saudi National
- Experience in accounts reconciliations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ability to build custom models is an advantage).
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office tools;
- High standard of (numerical) presentation skills;
- Excellent communication in English (both written and oral).
- Experience of interacting with multiple businesses and finance functions;
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment;
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Some Big 4 (PwC/EY/KPMG/Deloitte) and/or consultancy business experience.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion Finance Management (HFM), Smart View and other specific IT systems and databased;
- Initiative - Able to work independently with minimum supervision, make suggestions on best practice and improving current processes and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Can think of creative solutions to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills - Able to develop productive internal working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Analytical - Able to analyse large volumes of date and clearly communicate findings.
- Teamwork - Willingly cooperate with others towards the same goals and objectives.
- Communication skills - Clear, concise and relevant in both the verbal and written form.
- Time Management - Able to prioritise, plan ahead and achieve objectives within strict deadlines.
- Influencing - Confident liaising with and influencing at all levels within the organisation.
- Cultural Awareness - Able to work within a diverse team and to engage all colleagues.
- Capable of intelligent debate - challenge colleagues in a constructive manner, communicate complexity clearly, avoid being abrasive or judgemental.
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week);
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of original
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.