Assistant Manager, Service Delivery - Shared Services Facility
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
EDPM is the Engineering, Design & Project Management sector of SNC-Lavalin. We plan, design and enable the delivery of complex projects and major programmes across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Primarily made up of Atkins, including Faithful+Gould, we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
SNCL Atkins currently have an opportunity for Assistant Manager, Service Delivery - Shared Services Facility team.
This position is within the Atkins Accounts Receivable (AR) and Service Delivery team, which is based at our finance Shared Services Facility (SSF) in Worcester.
The Service Delivery team carries out a range of support activities for the Worcester office, the SSF AR team and the broader Atkins Finance function
The role’s main activities are: office management activities across the Worcester site; management of intranet pages and similar non-technical IT-related functions;
drafting of business communications; supervision cover for our Bangalore-based Cash Allocation team and other AR tasks; and frequent ad hoc projects.
The role reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
This is a full-time role 37.5 hours weekly, slightly reduced hours would be considered. Anticipated annual salary band for the role will be £24k - £27k.
The role would suit a well-organised, motivated individual with good IT and communication skills who enjoys a varied work environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least two A Levels (or BTEC National equivalent)
- Substantial experience of working in a professional business/ finance environment
- Microsoft Excel – to at least intermediate level, along with practical experience in manipulating data to produce high quality, well presented reports
- Microsoft Outlook – intermediate level needed, including management of folders and rules
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint – a good working knowledge of both
- Experience of drafting written business communications
- Experience of working in an Accounts Receivable team
- Practical knowledge of JD Edwards (accounting/ ERP software)
- Some knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Some supervisory experience
Service Delivery Activities
- Ongoing management of intranet pages for the Atkins Finance function, including pro-active review of the Finance policies and procedures.
- Ad hoc creation of new intranet sub-sites, using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Management of our annual business supplier performance survey.
- Drafting of business communications, including emails to large & varied audiences
- Completion of facilities management statutory compliance reviews/ updates
- Administration of professional finance training for students undertaking CIMA, ACCA & AAT qualifications, including liaison with students and financial admin.
- Support for the annual Finance Training Day for c. 100 UK Finance staff.
- Ad hoc administrative support to the SSF Director and department Heads.
- Management of the company’s Achilles and Construction Line registrations and business opportunities relating to them.
- Management of the Worcester office Business Continuity Plan.
- Administration of shared email boxes.
- Sundry office admin, including dealing with visitors.
Accounts Receivable Activities
- Supervision of our Bangalore-based Cash Allocation team when the Service Delivery Manager is on leave or out of the office
- Supporting Bangalore with Cash Allocation queries and covering in their non-working hours when required
- Be responsible for taking credit card payments and generating files for Bangalore processing
- Back-up administration of our key Accounts Receivable systems: cash collection (‘Sidetrade’) and cash receipts allocation (‘Alloc8’)
- Generation of monthly AR reports, using Excel and Word
- Able to work independently and effectively with limited line manager supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable in communicating with all levels of management and staff across the business
- Effective organisation and time management skills; able to determine daily priorities to ensure key deadlines are met
- Methodical with good attention to detail
- Self-motivated and keen to identify and pursue process improvements
- A positive outlook and attitude are essential attributes
The company develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help our staff to make the best of their abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.