Assistant Mechanical Engineer - South East/Epsom
Assistant Mechanical Engineer - South East/Epsom
JOIN Atkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is an exciting innovative world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects. Following an exciting and very successful start to AMP7 in the Water Market, the Infrastructure division is currently seeking a number of mechanical engineers to become part of our expanding team. The roles are to be based in the south east region, including our Epsom office.
We have an extensive portfolio of UK, Overseas and Globally delivered projects, helping our clients address asset creation, process improvement and plant optimisation needs. Our locally focused teams incorporate expert electrical, ICA, process, mechanical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving our clients’ problems in innovating, creative, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure.
NOTE: If you do not meet all the listed items but believe you are suitable for the role then you will still be considered.
- Degree-qualified with a mechanical engineering bias; and working towards Chartered status with a recognised engineering institution.
- You will be positive and enthusiastic, a confident communicator and a team player.
- You will have a keen interest in or willingness to learn the water/wastewater industry and will ideally have already spent a proportion of your career in the water sector or a related similar industry that can be applied.
- You will have a good understanding of the design process.
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high quality.
- You will have a willingness to contribute to our technical knowledge networks.
- Delivering mechanical design components of projects as a part of multidisciplinary, multi-location, multi-party teams.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with internal and external clients and stakeholders (in the UK and worldwide).
- Support on bidding and the winning of work.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation.
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences.
- Working with and developing new automated digital design tools.
Why work with us?
We value collaboration, innovation, safety and integrity. We provide industry-leading engineering services right through the project lifecycle. Our technical networks offer exciting and fantastic opportunities for you to grow your experience, expertise and reputation amongst your peers and beyond. Our broad range of projects, extensive range of opportunities and wide pool of expert people will help you and your career grow to suit your aspirations and desires. We genuinely care about our staff, we give all staff two volunteer days each year to use, we have internal recognition schemes such as #WOW awards, where anyone can nominate colleagues for rewards at all levels of the company.
We will help you to develop professionally and personally through a portfolio of training, mentoring schemes, professional development schemes and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Your development plan will be regularly reviewed through an on-going career development process. We actively support staff who seek to achieve membership or fellowship of relevant professional institutions that the membership fee is paid for.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the role and your skills and experience. Please refer to our website for further details. Our teams work core hours although specific working hours can in the right circumstances be adjusted to suit the needs of the individual. Working locations, whilst needing to match the requirements of our work and our clients, can also be flexible if the need arises. If flexible working is essential or a preference for you, please let us know so we can discuss what possibilities may exist.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Senior/Principal Mechanical EngineerJOIN Atkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is an exciting innovative world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth of
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer - Birmingham, Derby, Bristol, Epsom, or WarringtonAtkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is a world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs