Assistant Project Controls Manager - Shoreline
Assistant Project Controls Manager - Shoreline
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centrepiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
II.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Controls Assistant Manager will support the Project Controls Manager in monitoring and controlling the EPCM planning/scheduling, cost control, estimating and change management of the RFR project. The primary role will focus on risk and change management.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Project Controls Manager in establishing project control policies and preparing, implementing and monitoring plans
- Act in a support role to Project Management for establishing baselines, critical path analysis and forecasting while ensuring compliance with industry best practices
- Coordinate the activities of project control staff (cost, schedule and estimating) in the performance of their assigned tasks as outlined in the project procedures and work instructions
- Assume responsibility for assessing the accuracy of all reports and project deliverables
- Supervise the work of the planning and scheduling staff in their duties
- Develop rapport with other functions within the company
- Participate in Quarterly Forecasts / Annual Business Plans / Budgets for the Project
- Participate in the gathering of schedule information needed for “claims” and change requests
- Participate in the creation of reporting systems to meet customer requirements
- Verify the accuracy of all planning and scheduling information – including confirmation that schedules have been properly coded, verified and variances to the baseline addressed
- Review and evaluate trends and their impact on project schedules
- Support the change management process and registers
- Assess progress measurement and developing/updating progress curves for progress reporting
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor staff performance and quality of work through providing coaching/mentoring and training to project team members
- Monitor project resource requirements and delegate/shift assignments accordingly
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized institution is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related planning & scheduling experience
- Experience in an EPC environment is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Primavera Project Manager
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Commitment to working in a team environment
- Due to the nature of work conducted by SPG, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs