Assistant Project Management - TransitNEXT
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
Assistant Project Managers will be responsible for activities including:
- Supporting the project team in the successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g. program, budget and quality;
- Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to Atkins to the Project Manager at the earliest opportunity;
- Assist in the setting of objectives, and defining tasks for the project team (including Inter Unit Task Orders);
- Assisting in the management of the project – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Monitoring and reporting performance against program, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PM on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process;
- Facilitating communication, co-ordination and information flow with the Client and within the project team, including any subcontractors and partners (internal and external);
- Assembling the project delivery program and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information (monthly Board report, in a timely manner, as required internally or externally;
- Supporting in the invoicing and effective credit control for optimal cash flow (with the support of the finance team); comparing revenue with predicted costs and identifying risk allowances, margin and provisions – at project set-up and monthly thereafter, including Earned Value reporting;
- Being involved in closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
- Degree qualified, equivalent qualification or significant practical experience of working on design commissions for large infrastructure projects
- Market sector experience in one or more of Railway Infrastructure, Bridges and Building
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written
- A hard working and flexible individual, with a willingness to learn, who is a team player, possesses a good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrates good leadership potential
- Familiarity with Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans
- Experience of managing small and medium sized design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a larger multi-discipline team
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients and team members alike
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.