Assistant Project Manager / Building Surveyor
Atkins have an exciting new opportunity in our Building Design Practice for an Assistant Project Manager / Building Surveyor. We are looking to appoint an Assistant Project Manager / Building Surveyor into our growing Leeds office. The individual will be responsible for supporting our Senior Project Management team in the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to construction, on our expanding portfolio of challenging projects across our Market Sectors.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an awareness of general construction project management. Knowledge and experience of the rail sector would be beneficial but not essential. Experience of where you have coordinated multiple stakeholders whilst delivering complex projects and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams is essential.
The Assistant Project Manager / Building Surveyor will be responsible for activities including:
• Assisting the Senior Project Management team to ensure the successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g. programme, budget and quality;
• Managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/ commercial risk to Atkins;
• Supporting the Senior Project Manager in managing project objectives and deliverables
• Facilitating communication, co-ordination and information flow with the Client and within the project team, including any subcontractors and partners (internal and external);
• Planning, organising and hosting meetings (as required) and conference calls as necessary to ensure project delivery is maintained as planned and programmed. Recording any meeting minutes and actions and subsequent distribution;
• Assist in developing and owning the project delivery programme and delivery plans; inputting into project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information to monthly Board report, in a timely manner, as required internally or externally;
• Manage project document control and utilise web-based portals to share information to both internal and external project participants;
• Closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
• Demonstrable experience of managing design commissions on building projects.
• Market sector experience predominantly in the built environment and rail, although others will be considered
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbal and written
• A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
• Understands and has experience in deploying various forms of construction contract, in particular NEC3 and JCT
• Experienced at preparing or assisting write Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans
• Experience of managing small to medium sized design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques
• Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes and the associated Information attributes that can be assigned and managed within the Model.
• Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients
• Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required
• Holds a valid UK driving licence
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles