Assistant Project Manager - Design
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Atkins Rail Engineering Practice undertakes all aspects of Track design, OLE design, HV Electrical Power Distribution & Traction design, and LV M&E design in the rail environment. This includes survey, optioneering, outline and detailed design drawings and calculations, technical specifications and reports. The team also supports work across the Atkins Transportation business including; Civils & Structures and Signalling schemes.
This role can be based in either our Croydon or Derby office.
• Supporting the management of multidiscipline engineering teams within a project context.
• Meeting cost and time targets to deliver high quality consultancy services to clients.
• Work planning; definition of activities and programme.
• Commercial, risk and financial management and change control on projects.
• Ensuring compliance with CDM design risk assessments and health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Providing support to PMs, Senior PMs and Project Director’s.
• Providing Support to our Market Teams
• Contributing to the bid preparation and work winning process.
• Developing and maintaining internal and external client relationships.
• Providing support and focal point for integration of other Atkins design teams.
• Ensuring compliance with Business Management, HSE and Quality procedures.
• Maintaining your knowledge of current design and regulatory standards
Experience and Skills
• Experience of managing design teams and project work packages
• Demonstrate having taken responsibility for budgets and programme
• Good understanding of design procedures, change control, checking and review requirements
• Experience of motivating teams to prioritise and deliver tasks to time and budget
• Experience in engineering consultancy, contractor led design, or client management of engineering and construction projects would be helpful but not essential. And therefore, applicants from other industries are welcome to apply.
• Demonstrate experience in a similar role.
• Have the ability to work to time and cost budgets.
• Be proactive and energetic
• Have excellent communications skills.
• Possess willingness to work with clients and their project teams.
• Have good presentational skills.
• Have good report writing and reviewing skills.
• Have a reliable and responsible attitude, pay attention to detail and have a flexible approach to achieve the best outcomes.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above.
• Be keen to develop a career in multi-disciplinary development projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.