Assistant Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
With offices in Derby, London, Manchester and Edinburgh, SNC-Lavalin has an extensive history of supporting clients in the UK and overseas.
Our breadth of expertise encompasses all aspects of Rolling Stock, Infrastructure and Rail Control Systems, whilst our depth means we are equally comfortable and advising on current and innovative technologies such as High Speed, ETCS and Electrification. We strive to maintain legacy technologies in the most cost effective manner, as well as providing strategic support for franchising, concession and due diligence.
Through our strategic, engineering and technological solutions we focus on exceeding client expectations and have a proven track record or helping our clients businesses succeed.
We are seeking a bright and ambitious individual to join the Infrastructure Projects Team as an Assistant Project Manager. The Infrastructure Projects team’s focus is on the delivery of all rail related infrastructure assets including but not limited to Overhead Line Electrification, Stations and Depots. Our work can be varied in size and nature, ranging from relatively small single source projects to large-scale multi discipline major work banks.
Your key function will be supporting and managing smaller projects on an individual level, along with providing Project and Construction Management support to Principal and other Senior Project Managers for larger scale programmes of work.
The type of individual that we are looking to employ would need to be outgoing, proactive, show initiative and attention to detail
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Day to day liaison internally and with clients
- Project progress reporting
- Cost control
- Change management
- Meeting attendance
- Design co-ordination
- Risk management
- Supply Chain management
- Bid and Tender support
- Document control (where appropriate)
- Ensure work is undertaken effectively and productively
- Work closely with team leaders, section head, the commercial team and others within the business to support both Infrastructure and broader business objectives.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Member of APM, or capable of working towards MAPM qualified status
- Minimum HNC and A – Levels, particularly in English
- Experience of working in the rail industry and its environment is desirable
- Contract and commercial awareness
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages
- Good team working skills with the ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- PTS certified (preferable but not essential)
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles