Assistant Project Manager - Major Project Delivery
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
• Identifying, escalating and managing any matters that could pose a potential contractual/commercial risk to Atkins to the Project Manager at the earliest opportunity;
• Assist in the setting of objectives, and defining tasks for the project team (including Inter Unit Task Orders);
• Assisting in the management of the project or design package – both technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures. Monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality, financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PM on the requirements for, any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, controlling change and managing effective change control process;
• Facilitating communication, co-ordination and information flow with the Client and within the project team, including any subcontractors and partners (internal and external);
• Assembling the project delivery programme and delivery plans; providing project reports on a regular basis to convey cost and schedule information (monthly Board report, in a timely manner, as required internally or externally;
• Supporting in the invoicing and effective credit control for optimal cash flow (with the support of the finance team); comparing revenue with predicted costs and identifying risk allowances, margin and provisions – at project set-up and monthly thereafter, including Earned Value reporting;
• Being involved in closing out the project on completion, archiving project documentation, updating market information, ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and disseminated internally and ensuring that a Client Satisfaction survey is initiated.
• Market sector experience in one or more of Water Infrastructure, Stations, Aviation, Defence Infrastructure, Energy and Urban Development projects is desirable, but equivalent experience in other sectors may be considered.
• Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbal and written
• A hard working and flexible individual, with a willingness to learn, who is a team player, possesses a good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
• Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrates good leadership potential
• Familiarity with Scope Definition papers, Project Execution Plans, Risk Registers, Change Control Logs and Client & Stakeholder Management plans
• Experience of managing small and medium sized design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques
• Is familiar with the issues and management surrounding project delivery from multiple design centres, including the use of off shore facilities
• Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients and team members alike
• Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required
• Holds a valid UK driving licence
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.