Assistant, Quality Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
I. ABOUT US
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labor. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
To support the nuclear sector in Canada, Aecon maintains a nuclear quality management system compliant to the requirements of CSA Standards N286-05, CAN3-Z299.1 and N286.7. Additionally, Aecon maintains several CSA N285.0 Certificates of Authorization. Aecon’s N, NPT, NS & NA Stamps from the ASME, coupled with programmatic compliance to U.S. Federal Regulation 10CFR50 Appendix B, has extended Aecon’s reach to the U.S. and international nuclear markets.
II. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Assistant Quality Manager (AQM) reports to the Project Quality Manager (PQM) and will have input with establishing a Project Quality Team and authority to manage the team. The Assistant Quality Manager will have authority to implement and maintain an Project Quality Management Plan (PQMP); The AQM is a management representative who has authority and responsibility to identify conditions affecting quality and report them to the PQM; resolve quality matters; and has responsibility, authority and organizational freedom, along with those responsible for verification, audit and program review functions, to:
- Identify and record quality problems and problems related to the effective implementation of the PQMP;
- Initiate, recommend, monitor, trend and report implementation of actions required to address quality related issues or provide solutions to such problems through designated channels;
- Verify and confirm implementation and effectiveness of solutions; and,
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of a nonconforming item or service until a disposition has been obtained.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The AQM and quality personnel responsible for the verification, examination, testing and audit activities have direct access to a level of management necessary to ensure that appropriate quality assurance and quality control actions are implemented. The AQM is responsible:
- To support Project Site Team on all matters pertaining to quality;
- To report conditions affecting quality to the Project Quality Manager;
- To assist with management of the Quality Team;
- To assist with planning, establishing, documenting, and maintaining the IQMP;
- To assist with directing the performance of internal and external quality audits including audits and assessments conducted on suppliers;
- For verification of procurement documents, procured items and services for construction and installation work;
- To assist Quality Training Supervisor with the indoctrination and training of quality personnel;
- For maintaining qualification records of QA & QC personnel on file;
- To participate with the selection and assignment of Project Quality Personnel to ensure they are trained, qualified, competent, and where required certified to perform the assigned functions;
- To ensure quality personnel have reviewed contract details pertaining to technical and quality requirements;
- For evaluating and selecting suppliers and subcontractors;
- For reviewing and accepting of customer free issue items and supporting documentation; and
- To provide assistance to Project Management related to matters involving Project Quality Objectives.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Engineering Technology or related field with 5 + years of experience
- Certification(s) in: Quality Engineer (CQE), Quality Auditor (CQA), and/or ISO-9000 Auditor.
- Experience and knowledge with Nuclear Codes & Standards, and an understanding of Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Experience with managing a Nuclear Quality Team, interfacing with Project Team and customer representatives.
- Experience with working in a Nuclear facility and interfacing with the facility owner.
- Experience in developing and/or managing quality processes.
- Experience with replacement Fuel Channel components and Feeder Pipe would be an asset.
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the consortium agreement.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customer Project Representatives, Suppliers, 3rd Party Contractors, Customer Quality Management,
- Project Engineering, Project Management, Field Engineers, TSSA -AI/ANI & Quality Team Personnel
- Trades personnel, union business agents
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com