Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. We are dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our successful team in Bristol, working on a wide range of projects across the education, commercial property, nuclear and transportation sectors.
- Working with clients on a commission/project basis alongside senior colleagues
- Assisting with the preparation of estimates / cost plans / tender documents
- Assisting with post contract valuations
- Assisting with quality control of outgoing documents
- Working within a team delivering pre and post contract cost management services
- Some responsibility for liaison with clients and their stakeholders, continually developing and building strong client relationships
- Commercially aware. you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate that you can work autonomously when required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- The successful candidate will either have, or be working towards attaining a QS Degree and looking to build a track record of delivering within a consultancy environment, In return industry leading APC training will be provided to ensure candidates are best placed to achieve their MRICS qualification alongside fantastic practical experience.
- Some experience of NEC and JCT contracts would be beneficial but not essential,
- IT skills, such as Excel, Word, Outlook. An understanding of PowerBI would also be beneficial but not essential.
- A basic understanding of Cost Planning / Measurement software e.g. CostX
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds and cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs