Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join and work with our North East regional Transportation team, at our Stockton Office. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level
- Working with clients on a commission/project basis alongside senior colleagues
- Working within a team delivering project controls and cost management services
- Effective and efficient administration of project accounts
- Some responsibility for liaison with clients and their stakeholders, continually developing and building strong client relationships
- Commercially aware you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate that you can work autonomously when required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction cost’s coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality, consistent professional service.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Actively broaden your experience in line with the core competencies.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- A relevant academic qualification and have an ambition to work towards a professional membership of recognised institutions
- Have a basic understanding of current construction contracts, particularly NEC3 or NEC4
- Have an understanding of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities
- Understand the principles of measuring works from construction drawings and be able to use the Method of Measurement for Highways Work
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to adapt to bespoke IT Packages along with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook
- Prepared to travel within our North East Region to support project delivery with the flexibility to deploy to site based or client office based working environments.
- This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses superior communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs