Assistant Safety Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
A satisfactory level of learning and development will be a prerequisite.
· training and development are continued at this "basic" working level.
· more varied tasks and studies assigned will be of limited scope and complexity and may be portions of broader assignments. Tasks are expected to be completed within assigned budgets and schedules.
· duties require a familiarity with the application of standard techniques, prescribed engineering testing, analysis, design and computation methods, procedures and criteria including knowledge of codes and standards in carrying deterministic safety assessment of plant systems (process and safety) for a variety of postulated accidents using state-of-the-art methodologies and computer codes..
· normally, detailed oral and/or written instructions are given as to methods and procedures to be followed.
· technical/supervisory guidance is available to resolve more difficult aspects and select the procedures to be applied on non-routine work.
· decisions made are limited within established guidelines.
· results are usually reviewed.
· accuracy and completeness in calculations, clear presentation of results, etc. is expected; errors would usually be detected before any serious consequence results.
· occasionally may be given assignments commensurate with the Engineer level for training and development purposes.
· may give technical guidance to one or two other Assistant Engineers or technical support employees assigned to work on a common project.
Minimum of two years practical continuing experience or a Masters degree.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.