Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as a Technician, helping shape the future of Atkins’ rivers, dams and maritime business? The role will involve working with a respected technical team and working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across our extensive client portfolio.
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- Possess, or be working towards, a BTEC (or equivalent) in civil or structural engineering.
- Ability to use Excel, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, C++, Python or Mathlab would be beneficial.
- Understanding of BIM.
- Have a valid UK driving licence, be available to travel.
- Working with the engineering teams in the delivery of projects on budget and to deadlines.
- Production of design packages, including managing other design resource.
- Take personal ownership for the quality of project work to meet agreed standards and specifications.
- Agile and self-motivated towards improving personal performance.
- Proactive individual who can work collaboratively.
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.