Assistant Transport Planner
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
You will be part of an established transport planning team developing and applying computer-based transport models (comprising highway and public transport / transit models) using state-of-the-art transport modelling and traffic engineering software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools.
You will be part of a team responsible for the technical development of transport planning projects comprising:
- Technical development of project tasks, and development of tools and processes
- Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales
As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Masters degree in transport planning / transportation engineering);
- Experience (min 3 to 4 years) in the development and application of computer-based traffic / transport models using software like SATURN, EMME/2, VISUM, CUBE Voyager, VISSIM, PARAMICS, LEGION software packages;
- Analytical skills with hands on experience in developing tools using VBA / Python / R;
- Evidence of technical project delivery in a transport planning environment;
- Good attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic, pro-active approach.