Associate / Associate Director -Architecture - Leeds
Associate / Associate Director – Architecture - Leeds
Atkins Architecture and Masterplanning division are looking to appoint an Associate Architect / Associate Director into our Leeds practice. The opportunity would suit looking to work in a collaborative environment where they will be given the opportunity to lead on a variety of projects, within the region and nationally, and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle.
Atkins’ combines the best in architecture & engineering to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or developing clever solutions for clients, Atkins prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate design teams are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives. We have a keen and astute eye for design and technical quality, ensuring we deliver fantastic projects that inspire and delight our customers.
Our teams work on a number of projects across sectors including education, commercial, transport, energy, defence, as well as heritage and urban redevelopment. Our breadth of work across these sectors means there are plentiful opportunities to build on your experience as well as offering the opportunity to find your niche! We are considerate to people’s ambitions and needs, and always seek to ensure everyone has the opportunity to grow and develop.
- To manage and inspire a team through strong and inclusive leadership
- Sustaining and developing relationships with existing and new clients
- To ensure design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture.
- To continue to develop designs that are firmly rooted with a strong narrative and that seek to enhance our reputation.
- Lead projects by providing design and technical leadership for major projects
- Reporting on activity and analysis of feedback and success factors
- Development of the design culture and capability of our multi-disciplinary design team(s)
- We are looking for an enthusiastic new member to work with our existing team to:
- Be client-centric
- Design and Business Development is required in this role.
- Have a portfolio of clients or contacts across our focus markets and within region
- Have a proven track record of developing client relationships and securing new business opportunities.
- Be creative in their approach
- Have the ability to lead bids and opportunities across our markets
- Be engaged with the successful delivery of secured projects
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.