Associate / Associate Director ( Building Structures)
Atkins’ Infrastructure business is looking to appoint an Associate / Associate Director for our national Structural Engineering practice whose reputation and experience can enhance our ability to win and deliver rail station projects.
We are looking to recruit into our one of our teams in London or Epsom and are seeking an engineer of standing in the industry whose skill set will complement that of our successful and experienced delivery team.
- Leading the structural engineering design and delivery of Rail stations
- Playing an active role in the management of our wider multi-disciplinary project teams
- Undertaking an active role in the management of our London team and of the national practice
- Providing mentorship and guidance to our engineering staff.
- Driving technical best practice, knowledge sharing and process standardisation / optimisation across practice group
- Being responsible for winning work through maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work from clients
- Track record of delivering complex and challenging structural design solutions and major engineering projects – ideally in the rail sector
- Experience of adding value to clients, through original technical approaches and an overall contribution to project delivery
- Experience of deep basement design, ideally in the design of underground rail stations.
- Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities
- Strong collaborative behaviours and an ability to interface with clients, technical specialists and project stakeholders
- Track record in business development and winning of new work
- Ability to drive adoption of automation and digital skills and products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Established relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments
- Being available to travel across the UK and overseas would be an advantage
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Being a curious minded individual who enjoys collaboration and the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.