Associate Director - Building Services - North West Region
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As the team leader for the Building Services team in the North West you will work collaboratively with local and regional multi-disciplinary teams to secure new work opportunities and successfully deliver projects for clients. Another key part of the role will be ensuring that the regional teams are able to support the Building Design Practice commitment to innovation, automation and digital engineering.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. Our Building Design practice works on projects across all our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Commercial, Defence, Education, Energy, Rail and Transportation.
• Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services teams across the North West Region.
• Bidding opportunities and contributing to the win-work effort
• Commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects
• Responsibility for key client management for specific clients
• Managing the performance of others to ensure clients receive an excellent service
• Providing management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for other members of the Building Services team
• Undertaking appraisals and personal development plans for the team
• identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
• Develops contribute towards marketing material and bid documents
• Implementation of and adherence to governance systems.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering and Chartered with a relevant institution
• Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
• Experience in Building Design projects within our focus markets
• Experience working on a variety of multi-discipline design projects
• Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
•Excellent commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
• Customer focused
• Good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other Atkins employees
• Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.