Associate Director - Building Surveying
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
As part of our continuous expansion in the UK market we are looking for an Associate Director of Building Surveying to consolidate and grow our Building Surveying offering in Yorkshire and across surrounding regions. The individual will work closely with the Head of Building Surveying, the office Directors and existing teams to deliver the business plan strategy and maintain growth within the market.
You will need experience of leading consultancy teams on behalf of the client and should possess demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Managing and delivering consultancy services within the Building Surveying market.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the business in the region.
- Key client account management for high profile projects.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of dynamic individuals across multiple sites.
- To hold a relevant construction qualification and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution i.e. RICS.
- A track record of generating opportunities and winning new work.
- To have the ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- The ability to demonstrate a highly motivated, pro-active approach to work matters.
- Detailed knowledge of working within the Building Surveying and Consultancy Services market.
- Management experience of successful project delivery from inception to handover.
- Ability to manage and develop a team.
- Experience of client management and development.
- Ability to deal with Clients and/or the business at a senior level
- Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the F+G business
- Driving Licence/Level of mobility required in the role.
- Be a focal point and leadership figure for part of the well-established building surveying team.
- Contribute to the strategic plans for the business and help maintain and develop business for the future.
- Maintain service quality standards and a culture of continuous improvement and constructive expertise.
- Take responsibility for some key projects and the account management and customer care for major clients.
- New business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials.
- Collaboration with other service streams, sectors and the wider F+G and Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients, acting as primary interface to help build clients' confidence in the team.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities.
- Controlling workload and resources.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Managing and leading teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function. Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
- Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide an exemplary service to our Clients.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.