Associate Director- Claims
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Associate Director – Claims
Faithful+Gould, is an international Project Management and Cost Consultancy services provider which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the well-renowned larger groups, Atkins and SNC Lavalin. We are the largest consultant by the chartered staff with the regional headquarter in Dubai, and offices in Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. Our Middle East and India presence is complemented by our operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA, and our 2,400 plus global staff.
You will be working in a specialist claims business unit within Faithful+Gould providing claims, dispute resolution, and expert services to clients in the Middle East.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong planning background with excellent technical knowledge
- Demonstrated significant experience of performing Delay and Disruption Analysis on complex construction disputes.
- Significant experience in establishing strategy and management of claims / disputes
- Experience in preparing material for claims and formal disputes (expert reports and supporting material etc)
- Preparation and review of claims and counterclaims in respect of delay analysis, extension of time (EOT), disruption, prolongation, and liquidated damages
- Expert Witness analysis skills
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Demonstrated high level of leadership experience
- Demonstrated high level of management experience
- Ability to direct and lead the claims team
- Excellent business acumen
- Exceptional negotiation, influence and persuasion skills
- Excellent judgment and common sense
- Superior analytical skills
- Chairs meetings
- Excellent people management
- Cultivates productive and collaborative working relationships and develops strategic business opportunities
- Guides, mentors and motivates staff
- Have an existing network of clients and connections within UAE / GCC
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience, including UAE / GCC Experience
- Qualifications : QS Degree, Engineering Degree, Building Degree and / or Legal Degree
- Experience on a wide range of building and engineering projects
- Experience in Dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation and litigation support
- Professional contractual and claims preparation, advice and assistance
- Expert witness experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Project and/or construction management
- Contracts administration
- Team management and leadership
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.