Associate Director -Cost/Commercial Management
Associate Director -Cost/Commercial Management
Associate Director – Cost/Commercial Management
Working on a large master planned mixed-use mega development in Abu Dhabi this role is to be part of the commercial team of the Programme Management Consultant. The successful candidate should have experience in the procurement, management and administration of design consultancy, project management consultancy, cost consultancy and construction contracts. The candidate should be well versed in the pro-active management of change, and should ideally have experience of managing and leading a change process on large mixed use development as part of the Project or Cost Management Consultant.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drafting of contract agreements, inclusive of scope of services/works;
- Oversight of Contract Administration, inclusive of design consultants and contractors within the programme;
- Develop, review and update a change management system and procedures that capture complete, accurate and consistent baseline documents, and ensure changes in design and construction and any other change are controlled in accordance with the contract documents and/or programme controls procedures;
- Oversee the change process to ensure uniformity of application across all existing contracts of the programme and the projects for design details, material approvals and other related items ;
- Create and implement an internal Change Management Plan, Change Log, and associated governance processes;
- Monitor changes and potential changes across the programme against the contractual and scope baselines;
- Evaluate cost implications of changes to contracts that are determined as necessary to implement;
- Alert the Employer of any actual, perceived or expected departure from contractual requirements and prepare analysis of potential issues, resolution options and related recommendations;
- Procurement: lead/manage the entire tendering process from the development of procurement strategies, prequalification, tender, review, through to the negotiation and award of consultants and contractors
- Proactively supervise all aspects of contracts within the programme including, but not limited to: monitoring contract compliance, terms and conditions, supervising and reviewing overall performance of service level agreements, managing receipt and documentation of change requests and coordinate the review process by appropriate programme stakeholders, ensure that contract related changes / variations are communicated to appropriate stakeholders, delivery of contract
- Deliverables, payment procedures and management reporting;
- Contribute to risk management process and review meetings.
The successful candidate should be:
- Degree qualified in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying
- Able to work as part of a team and show good teamwork skills;
- RICS chartered or equivalent qualification;
- Have 5 years Middle East Experience as a minimum;
- Have previous experience of working on large mixed use developments;
- Must be based within the UAE, preferably Abu Dhabi or be willing to commute upon acceptance of the position
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Employee Assistance Program – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs