Associate Director – Defence
Atkins’ Architecture & Masterplanning (A&MP) combines the best in Architecture, engineering and surveying to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sectors. Whether designing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, A&MP prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
Atkins Architects are looking for an inspirational Associate Director – Defence for Epsom location to help deliver our ambitious plans to develop the Architecture & Masterplanning practice in the South East and across the UK. Atkins are already very successful across our varied markets and we are looking to significantly grow our market presence.
The role would suit someone who can:
- Be client centric
- Be a leader of bids and opportunities across markets
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key clients and prospective clients
- Be engaged with the successful delivery of projects
- The Epsom team work on a variety of projects in a wide array of sectors including Defence, Aviation and Interior & Spatial Design but this role will be focused on the Defence market in the UK. Therefore, demonstrable experience of work in the defence or aviation sector will be preferable. This opportunity would be ideal for an Architect who wants to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where they will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle.
- Ability to obtain UK security clearances is essential.
- Manage and inspire a team through strong and appropriate leadership
- Ensure design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture.
- Continue to develop designs that are firmly rooted with a strong narrative and that seek to enhance our reputation
- Lead projects by providing design and technical leadership for major projects
- Liaise with key clients and be capable of discussing design/technical solutions to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients – both in projects and at tender stage
- Be an inclusive leader with a confident operating style who can deal with diversity within the teams that they manage
- Have a strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions
- Have experience in preparing bids and tendering.
- We are looking for someone to:
- Have a portfolio of clients or contacts in this market
- Demonstrate a proven track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Be creative in their approach to problem solving
- Technically competent with a strong understanding of the building construction process
- Experience of working in a BIM environment is preferred.
- Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating a strong team work skill
- Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate an adaptable and approachable approach to your role
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Collaborating with other disciplines to produce fully coordinated project information including BIM models, drawings, schedules and specifications
- Compilation of reports and documents and supporting the rest of the team in drafting documents for bids, expressions of interest and competitions.
- If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.