Associate Director - Highways Lead
Faithful+Gould are recruiting for an Associate Director to join our Southampton office to lead our highways team. We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience leading highways projects in the area and wider South of England. The expectations of the role, include:
• Drawing upon a proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of local or national highway authorities.
• Continually striving to improve your contribution and value by developing your knowledge and expertise with colleagues
• Helping to develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding and relationships.
Reporting into the regional transportation lead and being a senior member of the regional transportation team, you will be responsible for building a long term, sustainable relationships with our most important local authority clients. You are expected to:
- Lead the account management team to maximise their impact
- Enhance the reputation of our business
- Increase our share of the client’s spend
- Access higher margin work
- Exploit opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
- Leading interfaces with design and engineering elements of our business
- Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Be an ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery
Team building and management
- Creating and managing sector-focused teams
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Proven track record to lead projects for or on behalf of local or national highway authorities in a Project Director capacity
- Member (or working towards membership) of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Chartered with RICS, ICE or similar
- Extensive NEC contract suite knowledge with accreditation preferable
- Lead business development and/or account management activities for highways or infrastructure clients.
Rewards and benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.