This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Associate/Associate Director (Infrastructure, Building Structures) - Epsom
Atkins are looking to appoint an Associate Director into the South East Structures team to help deliver our ambitious plans for the Building Design practice in the region and across the UK.
Atkins’ Building Design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects and sectors including: Aviation, Defence, Energy, Education, Commercial, Residential and Transportation. The position of Associate/Associate Director Structural Engineer will help to grow our business within the London and South East region. We are currently working on a large variety of projects locally and nationally and have a growing order book.
We are looking for commercially aware candidates with a strong technical background and experience in leading projects with a client facing roles and managing teams. The successful candidate will play a key role in the growth and development of the Building Structures team in the South East, developing existing and new client relationships and overseeing staff development.
As an Associate/ Associate Director Structural Engineer in the Building Design practice the successful candidate would have the following responsibilities and be required to:
- Manage and inspire a team through strong and inclusive leadership.
- Sustain and develop relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Lead and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary project teams to complete projects to meet client aspirations.
- Manage projects to programme, budget and quality.
- Develop fee proposals, lead bids and opportunities across market sectors.
- Work with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins’ services.
- Undertake an active role in the management of our South East team and of the national practice.
- Provide leadership for technical delivery, ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality structural engineering design.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to our engineering staff.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation.
In addition to the role responsibilities detailed above the following is required:
- A Chartered civil/structural engineer with the MICE or MIStructE.
- Experience in the design of building structures.
- Sound experience in conceptual design.
- Leadership/Management experience.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting and influencing skills.
- Successful experience of project and team collaboration
- Proven track record of successful delivery and client management.
- A broad understanding of industry BIM requirements.
- Experience in change management and quality assurance processes.
- Commercial awareness including the ability to scrutinise contracts to negotiate preferential terms.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, if required.
- Full and clean drivers licence
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs