This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins are looking to appoint an Associate Structural Engineer into our Exeter Structures team to help deliver our ambitious plans for the Building Design practice in the South West and across the UK.
Atkins’ Building Design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects and sectors including; Defence, Energy, Education, Commercial, Residential, and Transportation. The position of Associate Structural Engineer will help to grow our business within the Midlands, South West and Wales region. We are currently working on a large variety of projects locally and nationally and have a growing order book.
The Associate Structural Engineer will be a Chartered Engineer with proven experience in the design and delivery of building projects. You will be reporting directly to the Exeter Structures team lead and working closely with engineers and architects of all levels leading on a broad range of projects, developing existing and new client relationships and overseeing staff development. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
If you are an ambitious Senior Structural Engineer that feels ready to take a step up or an Associate Structural Engineer looking for a new challenge within a dynamic and growing team then this may be a great opportunity for you to do so.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Structural Engineering.
• A Chartered civil/structural engineer with the MICE or MIStructE.
• Experience of structural engineering building design on multi-disciplinary projects.
• Experienced in the use of structural analysis and design software.
• Successful experience of project and team collaboration.
• Successful record of mentoring and development of others.
• Proven track record of successful delivery and client management.
• Ability to work within budget and to programme, to control costs and to effectively manage resources and change control.
• BIM/Digital competent.
• Compliance with Quality Assurance procedures.
• Commercially aware including the ability to scrutinise contracts to negotiate preferential terms.
• Full and clean drivers licence.
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel if required.
• Existing South-West local market client relationships are desirable but not essential.
• Ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality structural engineering design.
• Leading, managing and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary project teams to complete projects to meet client aspirations.
• Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with local and remote teams.
• Management of projects to programme, budget and quality.
• Provide leadership for technical delivery, including playing an active role in our national technical excellence programme.
• Provide leadership for our people ensuring successful management and development of engineers and technicians.
• Training and mentoring of juniors, ideally DE moving toward SCE with the ICE or similar training scheme.
• Applying and growing our BIM capability including integrated design tools and data management systems.
• Establish, maintain and develop relationships with clients and prospective clients.
• Develop fee proposals, lead bids and opportunities across market sectors.
• Working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation.
• Champion implementation of business and financial systems.
• Production, check and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements: Governance of design solutions to corporate standards and client requirements .
• Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015.
• Other technical and operational duties as required by the team.
• Ability to solve problems, generate ideas and solutions.
• Display leadership behaviours with a natural ability to motivate and engage others.
• A self-motivating, reliable and consistent approach to work is essential.
• Acceptance of responsibility for work carried out.
• A flexible and adaptable approach to work is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.